- adj. An opinionated person is certain about their beliefs, and expresses their ideas strongly and often.
- adj. having strong opinions that you feel free to express
中文释义“有态度的，固执己见的，武断的”。描述软件时，表示软件要求你按照它们的方式使用。“If a framework is opinionated, it lock or guides you into their way of doing things.”和“convention over configuration（约定优于配置）”的概念有着相似之处。
Rails is opinionated software. It makes the assumption that there is a "best" way to do things, and it’s designed to encourage that way - and in some cases to discourage alternatives. If you learn "The Rails Way" you’ll probably discover a tremendous increase in productivity. If you persist in bringing old habits from other languages to your Rails development, and trying to use patterns you learned elsewhere, you may have a less happy experience. [Source]
Prettier is an opinionated code formatter. [Source]
A proof-of-concept for a lightweight, modular, and opinionated webpack CLI. [Source]
Express - Fast, unopinionated, minimalist web framework for Node.js. [Source]
Developers could even now consider Express a "framework’s framework", as itself could easily become a building block for larger more opinionated frameworks. [Source]
Spring Boot makes it easy to create Spring-powered, production-grade applications and services with absolute minimum fuss. It takes an opinionated view of the Spring platform so that new and existing users can quickly get to the bits they need. [Source]
Through our official Generators, we promote the "Yeoman workflow". This workflow is a robust and opinionated client-side stack, comprising tools and frameworks that can help developers quickly build beautiful web applications. [Source]
- opinionated - Cambridge Dictionary
- What is opinionated software? - Stack Overflow
- What does 'opinionated software' really mean? - Stack Exchange
- adj. containing or having everything that is needed within itself
- adj. (of someone or something) having everything necessary to be independent or to work independently
中文释义“独立的，自足的”。a self-contained environment 独立的环境，a self-contained, independent person 独立自主的人。PS：国内部分翻译直译为“自包含”。
The apartment is small, but completely self-contained, with its own bathroom, kitchen, and living area.
A self-contained person does not have a large number of relationships with other people or does not depend on others for support.
She’s very self-contained and isn’t at all worried about moving to a big city where she won’t know anybody.
- n. a substance made from the seeds of a tropical plant, used to give flavour to sweet foods
- adj. used to describe a product or service that is basic and has no special features
I just want a vanilla bank account with low charges.
A vanilla computer with no protection has no chance on the internet anymore.
- n. a large boat for travelling on water, especially across the sea
- v. to send something, usually a large object or a large quantity of objects or people, to a place far away
- v. to make something, especially computer products and equipment, available for sale, or to become available
We’ve heard from many people who want to start using Hooks in their apps. We also can’t wait to ship them! [Source]
npxcommand, which ships with Node 8.2 / npm 5.2.0 or higher, runs the webpack binary (
./node_modules/.bin/webpack) of the webpack package we installed in the beginning. [Source]
- v. If an area is populated by people or animals, they live in that area.
- v. to live in an area or place
- v. to automatically add information to a list or table on a computer
There are several ways to populate the database.
Click Finish to create and populate the table.
Follow these steps to create the database and then populate the table with application-specific data.
源于俚语 “Eating your own dog food”（吃自家的狗粮），用于计算机行业时，表示公司使用自己研发的产品。
Even though many parts weren’t fully baked, our team found it valuable to dogfood our new implementation across the entire production Facebook website as well as most of our internal tools. [Source]
We never intend to ship bugs. React has a hard-earned reputation for stability, and we intend to keep it that way. We thoroughly test every version of React before releasing. This includes unit tests, generative (fuzzy) tests, integration tests, and internal dogfooding across tens of thousands of components. However, sometimes we make mistakes. That’s why, going forward, our policy will be that if a release contains non-trivial changes, we will bump the minor version, even if the external behavior is the same. We’ll also bump the minor when changing
unstable_-prefixed APIs. [Source]
- adj. A half-baked idea or plan has not been considered carefully enough.
- adj. not planned or considered carefully enough
Linux 1.0, the first fully-baked version of the GNU Project’s operating system, was released in March of 1994.
But by waiting a few months, Android 3.0, or Honeycomb, which is being built for tablets specifically, should be fully baked and ready for consumption by tablet manufacturers.
A minimal product is not synonymous with a half-baked or buggy product.
There is one consistent pattern for performing mutations (writes), and it is conceptually baked into the data querying model itself. You can think of a mutation as a query with side-effects. [Source]
Rails applications typically do not suffer from the double-update problem, because a reasonably good solution is baked into the scaffold.
That number keeps growing because extending your existing Grails application through plug-ins is an idea that is baked into the core of Grails.
Ubiquity, for example, may end up being baked into Firefox in the future.
- half-baked - Cambridge Dictionary
- What does the word “Baked” mean when describing code? - Stack Overflow
- v. In computing, to spam people or organizations means to send unwanted e-mail to a large number of them, usually as advertising.
- n. a brand name for a type of meat sold in metal containers, made mostly from pork (= meat from a pig)
- n. unwanted email, usually advertisements
- v. to send someone an advertisement by email that they do not want
Some Internet service providers block spam to subscribers.
He spammed the message to 30,000 addresses in a week.